Kids Cake Design Competition
Submit your cake design here for a chance to win a Kindle, and to have your design brought to like by Richard Holt, one of the world’s finest patisserie chefs!
Children’s design a cake competition for the NHS.
Here’s everything you need to know!
Terms & Conditions
- Drawings / designs accepted online only (no paper copies to be submitted)
- The type of medium used can be anything from drawing or painting, collage or design on the computer, it’s up to the child.
- The theme is “International year of the Nurse and Midwife” – this means the design can be anything to do with nurses, midwives and the essential role these wonderful people play in the NHS, in both hospitals and our communities!
- Anyone aged 15 and under in the area served by BCUHB (incorporating Ynys Môn, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham) can submit a design for consideration.
- Family members of the Awyr Las Support Team are excluded from entry
- Entries must be submitted via the Awyr Las website at www.awyrlas.org.uk/cake-comp
- This is a fun competition aimed at children aged 15 or younger. All children require consent from a parent or guardian to enter the competition.
- Entries will only be accepted when submitted via the official channel. All questions must be answered and all other entry requirements fulfilled.
- All entries must be received by midnight on Thursday the 2nd of July 2020 – entries received after this date will not be eligible for consideration
- All entries received before the closing date will be placed into a Facebook album on the Awyr Las Facebook page
- The top 3 designs will be decided by a public vote, with 1 reaction (like, love, haha, wow, care) on the photo of the submitted design equalling 1 vote
- The 3 designs with the highest number of likes at 23:59:59 on Sunday the 12th July 2020 will be put forward for the final judging
- In the unlikely event of a tie at this stage, the number of shares on the photos of the designs tied for 3rd place will be taken into consideration, with the design that received the highest number of shares going through to the final judging
- The final decision will be made by a judging panel made up of members of BCUHB and Richard Holt from Melin Llynon – each member of staff will get one vote
- The design receiving the highest number of votes from the judging panel will be declared the winner
- In the event of a tie, the two designs with the highest number of votes from the judging panel will be put into a special hat and the winner selected at random by Richard Holt from Melin Llynon
- The winning cake designer will receive a Kindle and their design will be brought to life as a real cake by Richard Holt from Melin Llynon, and donated as a prize to the winner.
- The final cake will be as true to the original design as is practicable – small adjustments may have to be made by Richard Holt in order to bring the design to life in delicious cake-form
- Please keep your email confirmation as proof of entry
- Awyr Las accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged, and illegible or from which the prize winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or other event that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- The winner is required to co-operate with Awyr Las' right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Awyr Las will notify entrants of the error
- Where Awyr Las is unable to contact a prize winner so that a prize remains unclaimed for three months following Awyr Las' first attempt to notify the prize winner, Awyr Las may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in a future competition or raffle
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Awyr Las reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- The decision of the Judges over every instance shall be final and unchallengeable
- The winners will be notified by telephone or in writing on or before Wednesday the 22nd of July 2020. The Awyr Las Support Team will arrange collection or delivery of the prizes with the parent/guardian of the winner to happen, strictly following current government guidelines.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.