One Million Steps Challenge - Free places for BCUHB staff
Apply for your free BCUHB place below *limited places on a first come first serve basis
Rydym yn aros am gyfieithiadau ar gyfer y cynnwys hwn
Why should I get involved?
Previous participants have seen and felt some great benefits in taking part:
Bethan, Senior Sister at the North Wales Cardiac Centre says: “The one million steps challenge is making me become more active, especially when I have been at my desk all day – I have also lost 3lbs in weight 😊”
Bethan is one of 20 Cardiac nurses taking part in the first challenge at the beginning of the year achieving 10,000 steps a day for 100 days to enhance mental wellbeing and physical fitness.
Julie Starling, Arrhythmia Special Nurse says: “I work long days wearing various types of PPE, so getting fresh air on my days off is so important for both my physical and mental wellbeing. The one million steps challenge has helped me achieve this as it makes me go out come rain or shine, when I would rather stay in bed, and I feel so much better for it.”
Why not use this superb challenge to help raise morale, lift spirits, and help promote a healthy lifestyle and improved wellbeing? You can link up with team mates on the specially designed app to track your progress and create your own competition on team leader boards.
Awyr Las have discounted charity places for our amazing supporters. We have the enhanced Digital App places available - just £5.99 instead of the usual £20. Sign up for this package and tracking your steps will be a breeze - you'll be able to sync your smart phone via Google Fit or Apple Health.
Or if you fancy going all out with a healthy kick for the New Year, why not treat yourself to the Bluetooth Pedometer package? This handy gizmo links up with the one million steps Digital App too - available for just £19.99 instead of the usual £35.
What's included within my sign up?
- An integrated fundraising system so you can keep everything in one place and tailor your own fundraising page to promote your chosen ward/service/department fund*
- Digital App challenge platform to track your steps, active minutes, active hours, distance, calories burnt and healthy reminders to move
- Option to purchase a discounted Bluetooth Pedometer package to track your day-to-day movement, linked to the Digital App challenge platform
- Be Active Fit with 15 Series Strength and Conditioning Videos with MJ Gordon
- Introduction to Mindfulness Content and Eight Specially Recorded Audio Tracks
- Get Stretching with 30 Essential Strength Instructional Videos PLUS 4 Week Workout Video Playlist
- You get to keep the digital app (plus Pedometer if purchased) to continue benefiting from it once the 100-day challenge ends
Open your page today and tell us why YOU are taking part. We look forward to seeing you achieve the miles and treading your way to one million steps with us.
Thank you so much for your valued support and for making a difference for healthcare services and patients across North Wales.
*Funds will be allocated to your chosen ward/service/department fund following the event closing date. Please make sure you include where you want monies to benefit within your story when setting up your personal fundraising page. Thank you.
*Free places are on a first come first serve basis