Win an iPad for yourself and £250 for your chosen ward, service or department!
NHS Big Tea cake decorating competition
It’s back! Last year saw loads of amazing cakes submitted to the “NHS Big7Tea” cake decorating competition, so we’re inviting keen bakers to get involved again in 2019.
Calling all fondant fanciers, royal icing rock stars and whipped cream wizards – the NHS Big Tea Cake Decorating Competition is BACK.
Again this year we are inviting you to submit a decorated cake to celebrate the NHS’ anniversary on the 5th July.
Get your pinny on and decorate a cake in honour of an NHS ward, service or department that’s close to your heart. Submit your entry before 5pm on Friday the 5th of July for a chance to win an iPad for yourself and a £250 donation for your chosen ward, service or department. Sweet!
Here’s everything you need to know:
Terms & Conditions
- We wish we could taste all those delicious cakes, but the magic of technology hasn’t quite got that far (yet) - so again this year the competition is based on decoration only
- Fake it or bake it – it’s up to you! Because the competition is based on decoration alone, you are welcome to buy your base cake, but the person submitting the entry must be responsible for all aspects of the decoration
- The theme is “The NHS”
- Anyone of any age resident in the area served by BCUHB (incorporating Ynys Môn, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham) can submit a cake for consideration (NHS staff, volunteers, members of the public)
- Members of the Awyr Las Support Team are excluded from entry
- This is a fun competition aimed at hobby cake makers. If you’re a professional baker and you want to make a cake to support the ward, service or department that’s close to your heart, that’s great – but you will be asked to declare this when submitting your entry.
- Everyone submitting a cake must choose a ward, service or department that they want to support with their cake
- Entries must be submitted via the Awyr Las website at www.awyrlas.org.uk/cakecomp
- Entries will only be accepted when submitted via the official channel. All questions must be answered and all other entry requirements fulfilled.
- All entries must be received by 5pm on Friday the 5th of July 2019 – entries received after this date will not be eligible for consideration
- All entries received before the closing date will be placed into a Facebook album on the Awyr Las Facebook page
- The top 3 cakes will be decided by a public vote, with 1 reaction (like, love, haha, wow) on the photo of the submitted cake equalling 1 vote
- The 3 cakes with the highest number of likes at 23:59:59 on Friday the 26th July will be put forward for the final judging
- In the unlikely event of a tie at this stage, the number of shares on the photos of the cakes tied for 3rd place will be taken into consideration, with the cake that received the highest number of shares going through to the final judging
- The final decision will be made by members of the BCUHB catering team – each member of staff will get one vote
- The cake receiving the highest number of votes from the BCUHB catering team will be declared the winner
- In the event of a tie, the two cakes with the highest number of votes from the BCUHB catering team will be put into a hat and the winner selected at random by a nominated member of the BCUHB catering team
- The winning cake decorator will receive an iPad
- The ward, service or department that the cake decorator chose to support with their cake will receive a £250 donation
- Please keep your email confirmation as proof of entry
- Awyr Las accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged, and illegible or from which the prizewinner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or other event that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
- The winner is required to co-operate with Awyr Las' right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the raffle as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Awyr Las will notify entrants of the error
- Where Awyr Las is unable to contact a prizewinner so that a prize remains unclaimed for three months following Awyr Las' first attempt to notify the prizewinner, Awyr Las may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in a future competition or raffle
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Awyr Las reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- The decision of the Judges over every instance shall be final and unchallengable
- The winners will be notified by telephone or in writing on or before Friday the 2nd of August. The prize will be made available for collection at a relevant general office within a hospital site by Monday the 5th of August. If winner is unable to collect their prize then they will be held in a hospital general office until the winner can make alternative arrangements.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable. The prize must not be sold on. If the winner decides not to take up the prize, they can instead request that it is gifted to the ward, service or department they chose to support with their entry. The ward, service or department can deploy the prize for the benefit of patients / service users, or use it as a prize in a raffle or tombola that will be held to raise money for their Awyr Las fund.