Cake Decorating Competition
Submit your cake here for a chance to win an iPad for yourself and a £250 donation to the BCUHB ward, service or department of your choice!
Online decorate a cake competition for the NHS.
Here’s everything you need to know!
Terms & Conditions
- We wish we could taste all those delicious cakes, but the magic of technology hasn’t quite got that far (yet) - so again this year the competition is based on decoration only
- Fake it or bake it – it’s up to you! Because the competition is based on decoration alone, you are welcome to buy your base cake, but the person submitting the entry must be responsible for all aspects of the decoration
- The theme is “International year of the Nurse and Midwife”
- Anyone of any age resident in the area served by BCUHB (incorporating Ynys Môn, Gwynedd, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire and Wrexham) can submit a cake for consideration (NHS staff, volunteers, members of the public)
- Members of the Awyr Las Support Team are excluded from entry
- This is a fun competition aimed at hobby cake makers. If you’re a professional baker and you want to make a cake to enter into the competition, that’s great – but you will be asked to declare you are a professional when submitting your entry and this will be included on your Facebook entry. Note: By “professional baker”, we mean anyone who makes cakes in return for money, whether this is your main job or a side hustle!
- Everyone submitting a cake must choose which cause they wish to support if they win i.e. a specific ward, service, department or the COVID-19 Fund
- Entries must be submitted via the Awyr Las website at www.awyrlas.org.uk/cake-comp
- Entries will only be accepted when submitted via the official channel. All questions must be answered and all other entry requirements fulfilled.
- All entries must be received by midnight on Thursday the 2nd of July 2020 – entries received after this date will not be eligible for consideration
- All entries received before the closing date will be placed into a Facebook album on the Awyr Las Facebook page
- The top 3 cakes will be decided by a public vote, with 1 reaction (like, love, haha, wow, care) on the photo of the submitted cake equalling 1 vote
- The 3 cakes with the highest number of likes at 23:59:59 on Sunday the 12th July 2020 will be put forward for the final judging
- In the unlikely event of a tie at this stage, the number of shares on the photos of the cakes tied for 3rd place will be taken into consideration, with the cake that received the highest number of shares going through to the final judging
- The final decision will be made by a judging panel made up of members of BCUHB and Richard Holt from Melin Llynon – each member will get one vote
- The cake receiving the highest number of votes from the judging panel will be declared the winner
- In the event of a tie, the two cakes with the highest number of votes from the judging panel will be put into a special hat and the winner selected at random by Richard Holt from Melin Llynon
- The winning cake decorator will receive an iPad
- The ward, service or department that the cake decorator chose to support with their cake will receive a £250 donation
- Please keep your email confirmation as proof of entry
- Awyr Las accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, damaged, and illegible or from which the prize winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or other event that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted
- The winner is required to co-operate with Awyr Las' right to publish their win as and where deemed appropriate
- In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the organisers reserve the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred. Where the organisers deem it appropriate and/or feasible Awyr Las will notify entrants of the error
- Where Awyr Las is unable to contact winners so that a prize remains unclaimed for three months following Awyr Las' first attempt to notify the prize winner, Awyr Las may apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-offering the prize in a future competition or raffle
- Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the entry. Awyr Las reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion
- The decision of the Judges over every instance shall be final and unchallengeable
- The winners will be notified by telephone or in writing on or before Wednesday the 22nd of July 2020. The Awyr Las Support Team will arrange collection or delivery of the prize with the winner to happen, strictly following current government guidelines
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prize offered and prizes are not transferable.